Friday, 30 August 2013

How quickly life can change!

Hello my lovely readers, how are you today? 

Just to clarify something, I'm probably the worst blogger.. ever. I've been MIA in the blogging world for quite a few weeks now and my one and only excuse being, that I've been busy. Busy traveling around England for the past two months non stop with different family members (July with my sister and her boyfriend and August with my parents and my brother!) 

So, sorry about that! 

But I suppose I should catch you up on the happenings of my life over the past couple of months. You know what, I'm going to talk about my whole trip and how my life has changed. 

January 2013. It was a new year and a new me.. Or so I tell myself every New Year. I was fresh out of high school and was beginning the first year of my adult life. No more school (unless I decided to go to University in the future, which I wasn't planning on) and no more being stuck in a place I didn't want to be. 

March 2013. The month I left my old life behind. March marked the beginning of my dream coming true. I was flying away, flying to England, where I honestly wanted to stay. I wanted to stay longer than the 6 months printed on my e-ticket, I wanted to live there. To live here with no intention of ever living in Australia ever again. I just wanted to get away. 

Which is what I did. I got away. And after a while, being away, on your own, blows! 

But being the stubborn young adult that I was, I thought that I could manage it, not get home sick, just communicate to my friends and family via Facebook and Skype. And for the first 3 months of my trip, that's all I did, because I was here on my own. 

I failed myself the first few months I was here. I got in about 0.1% of the travelling that I wanted to do and as much as it is my fault, it was also those who I was staying with, who had promised the world. They had promised to take me everywhere. They promised to take me around England, to Scotland and Ireland, to France and Italy. But no. The majority of my time was spent in the Leeds / Yorkshire area. My only traveling into Europe achievement was to Santiago de Compostela in Spain for a few days. But that said, I only made it there because a friend was finishing the Pilgrim's Walk and was finishing. 

I could have done so much more if I was brave enough. 

July 2013. My sister arrived with her boyfriend and they graced the people of England and Scotland with their presence! It was when they arrived I truly realised that family meant so much more to me than I gave myself credit for. I am so extremely lucky to have the family I do, and all I wanted at the beginning of the year was to get away from them, that, makes me feel ill. 

July was so much fun when I was with my sister. We spent as much time as we could together and in the short period of time she was here, we went through a lot together. There was drama with someone we were with, and we were each others rock (along with her boyfriend of course) when things were said and feelings were hurt. So that said, it took everything in me to not burst into tears every night when she left, and I was alone again. 

August 2013. My parents arrived with my brother. And quite literally for the past 4 weeks we've been travelling non stop. We've been to London, Bath, Winchester, Brighton, Hastings, Dover, Suffolk, York and we're heading further North in a couple of days. We've still got a month on the road and by the time it's the 'end' of our holiday, we're going to be dead from exhaustion! 

Since my sister, her boyfriend, my parents and my brother have been here, it changed my mind in an instance about my future here in England. At the moment, England isn't and won't be my home. As much as I wanted to get away from Australia, I've realised that there's no place in the world that is better. Australia is and always will be my home! And I can't wait to get back! Bring on the 3rd October when I land into Sydney International Airport and land back on Aussie soil! 

29th August 2013. This was the day when I decided that I want to go to University. In 2014 I'm going to go to University and begin my 4 year course in becoming a Primary School teacher! It was the first thing I dreamed of being when I was a little kid but grew out of it, just never considering it as a real job. I also kept knocking it back because it's what people kept telling me I'd be good at, and I wanted to start a career because I wanted to and not because someone else thought I could do it. 

So yes, everyone (my Dad in particular) can now say, 'I told you so', because I want to be a teacher! 

                        

I've changed quite a lot since being here. I've turned another year older (knowing I'm 20 next year freaks the shit out of me), I've realised where I want to be in the world and I've realised what I want to do for the rest of my working life! 

Bring on finishing my great adventure overseas.
Bring on getting back to Australia. 
Bring on starting my University degree. 

Bring on the beginning of the rest of my life! 


Becky xx 




4 comments:

  1. I hope you enjoyed the UK! Don't worry about being bad at posting regularly as I have exactly the same problem! its just hard to find the time! I just wanted to say that you were my first ever follower of my blog "lashings of lipstick" and I was over the moon when I saw that I had gained a follower, after that I continued to gain follwers and was almost at 200 when I had to stop my blog because of the transition to bloglovin and it all went wrong and wouldn't upload (anyway i am going really off the point sorry!) I started a new blog: http://daisychainsintherain.wordpress.com/ and i was wondering (if you have the time and want to of course) if you would like to check it out and maybe follow me? Please don't worry if you don't want to because i know its annoying when people only comment to get followers but i really love your blog and would be so happy if my first follower knew that i was still blogging just with a new blog! Anyway sorry for the stupidly long comment! :D xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have loved the UK but am definitely excited to hit home soil next month! I can't believe I was your first follower, seems like a lifetime ago! I'm so happy for you and the number of people you got interested in your blog because that's hard, but I'm so sorry that the Internet stuffed you up (it's a pain)

      If I can follow your Wordpress blog from this blog site I definitely will, I'll work on that haha! If I can't "follow" you, I'll still check out your blog regularly because I followed you on here for a reason :)

      But thank you for still reading my posts.. when I eventually do get them out!

      Becky xx

      Delete
  2. Hai hun, I'm so glad that your having a great time travelling around the UK. You've lucked out and we've had some really nice weather this summer, you brought it over in your suitcase didn't you?! ;)

    Elle
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! :) I've had a ball and the best is yet to come! Tell me about it, the weather has been amazing the entire time I've been here! I'm hoping the good weather sticks around after I leave! :)

    Becky xx

    ReplyDelete