Tuesday, 7 May 2013

Such a perfect day!

Hello my loves, 

The sun was out. The birds were singing. There was not a sad face in sight! What could be better? 

Monday's beautifully sunny 20'C day was just what I needed to get out of my "what do I do", "I'm so confused" and "I need to please everyone" funk. I travelled to the breathtakingly stunning Fountains Abbey in Ripon and I don't think anything could have made it a more perfect day! 

Besides the beauty of the Abbey ruins themselves, it was just so lovely to see so many couples, friends and families out in the sunshine enjoying the weather and their company! Seeing so many people happy really does lift ones own spirit and makes you want to enjoy yourself just as much as those around you! 

To top it off there was a small medieval festival in progress on the grounds. To be honest it did bring out my geeky side and I loved every minute of it. Sometimes the smallest things in life can make you the happiest. I watched some men cooking some strange concoction which was actually food, watched a lady use a spinning wheel to spin silk, watched a man use coins to add up sums using Roman numerals and watched several men fire long bows and cross bows onto a single target. All that with the backdrop of the ruins of Fountains Abbey, it could not have been better! 

After exploring the ruins, climbing up old stairs and jumping over giant stones, I just took a moment to take in where I was. Just imagining the Abbey in its prime with all the monks there living their lives was an incredible feeling. This is why I love history, today's generations still have small glimpses into the real lives of real humans who lived such a long time before us. It gives me goose bumps that the human race has been around for so long. It makes you feel so powerful and yet so insignificant at the same time. We are apart of a race that has survived and evolved over thousands of years and yet, all the mountains and rivers and trees and stones are going to out live us long after the human race has perished. 

All the simple things that made my day perfect really got me thinking about the way in which we live our lives. Life is such a perfect and sacred thing. Our generation today, I believe, take this for granted. We think we have forever to do what we want, go where we want, see what we want. But truth be told, we don't. I guess what I'm trying to say is that don't wait. Don't put things off thinking you'll get around to it. If you want to travel, travel. If you want to move out, move out. If you want a new job, get a new job. It is of course easier said than done, and diving into the unknown without a life jacket is shit scary but what have you truly got to lose? 

Everything you do in your life moulds you into the person you are and the person you will become. How you deal with certain things in your life and how you live after that changes you into the person you're meant to be. So take life by the hand and live to its capacity. Live your life the way you truly want. Live with no regrets. Live as happily as you can. Try and make the small things in life feel big. Try to be the best version of yourself that you can be and you will succeed in every aspect of life. 

Becky xx



(All suggestions etc are my opinions only, you don't have to listen to me) :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment