Tuesday, 19 February 2013

Liebster Award

Hello my loves,
 
So I woke up this morning with a comment on my previous blog post saying that I have been nominated for the Liebster Award! This is possibly one of the sweetest things that can happen to an up coming and new blogger because it shows that there are people in the blogging world who have read your posts and appreciate what you have to offer.
 
I was nominated by Isobel who has an amazing blog herself and I am so happy and appreciative of this nomination so Isobel, thank you so very much! :) Everyone please go and check out her blog, it is fantastic and well worth it :)
 
Now to be perfectly honest, I had never heard of the Liebster Award until this morning, but from what I've googled, the Liebster Award is blogger's way of saying "you're one of my favourites, good job". Liebster is a German word and is translated to 'favourite, sweetest and dearest' so thank you so much Isobel for deeming me worthy for this nomination!
 
Now it comes with some rules which are a fun way of your followers getting to know a little more about you and you getting to know a little more about your followers, so here goes:
 
  1. You must link back to the person who nominated you - Isobel (LashingsofLipstick)
  2. Write 11 random facts about yourself
  3. Answer the 11 questions given by the person who nominated you
  4. Tag and nominate people (I've seen tag 5 and tag 11 so tag how many you like)  
  5. Come up with 11 questions for your nominees to answer
  6. Apparently no tag backs (which sucks - sorry Isobel)
 
FACTS ABOUT ME
 
  1. My birthday is the 12th August and I'll be 19 this year.
  2. I have never been out of the country. Going to England this year will be the first time I've left Australia.
  3. I've been front row at 3 concerts: The Script, Katy Perry and Ed Sheeran!
  4. Most people think I'm shy but people who know me can't get me to shut up.
  5. I've never had a boyfriend.
  6. When I was younger I would make cookie dough and eat it while my parents were out.
  7. I got a 73.50 out of 99.99 ATAR mark for my HSC without really trying as hard as I could have.
  8. I have absolutely no idea what career I want to end up in.
  9. I broke both my wrists in one motion during a Major Semi Football (soccer) match in 2011 and I had to sit out the Grand Final (so sad).
  10. I used to dream about being a professional singer until I got to high school and realised that everyone in my music class was more talented than me so I gave up on that dream.
  11. I was invited by Football NSW to trial for a Football Scholarship for a College in America but I couldn't go because it was my sister's birthday and I'll be in England this year.
 
QUESTIONS FROM ISOBEL
 
  1. Who is your favourite Youtuber? Zoella. I found her first through watching other Youtubers and I enjoy every single video she uploads. She has inspired me to learn more about fashion and make up and when I found she had a blog I couldn't wait to start following her and reading what she has to say!
  2. What inspired you to start blogging and when did you start blogging? My aunty. She was born with a condition called 'congenital limb deficiency' which has left her with a shortened arm and leg. She now works for herself as a Motivational Speaker and has her own website and blog. She is just an extremely positive person about life and I wanted to be the same and have a platform to express myself to a broader audience. I have been blogging for a few months on Wordpress but I wasn't enjoying myself so I moved here to Blogger and have loved every second of it. I started my blog here about 4-5 days ago.
  3. What is/was your favourite subject at school and why? My favourite subject was Visual Art as it gave me a creative platform to work on that let me be myself. For my Year 12 Body of Work I produced a series of Prints which evolved from creating some Dry-point Etchings. I focused on the ability to create a sense of empathy and the need to help through the power of the eyes, focusing on children living in poverty.
  4. What do you want to achieve by blogging? I want to be able to help people in any aspect of their lives. If they find what I write useful and helpful then I’ve done my job! I just want to be a positive person that what I say and do inspires people to better themselves and improve their own lives.
  5. What is your best beauty buy which was under £5? £5 in Australian currency is $7.90 so for that price the best beauty item I’ve purchased would probably be my Burt’s Bees ‘Nourishing Lip Balm with Mango Butter’ for $6.95 retail. It is honestly the best lip balm I have ever used and keeps my lips moist for a long time and it tastes delicious!
  6. What is your favourite meal? Oh tough one. Do desserts count as meals?! My favourite meal would have to be a BBQ chicken and Caesar salad! YUM!
  7. Do you know/have any makeup dupes? I don't know any that I'm consciously aware of, but if you use a dupe brand of anything and it works and you like it then who are we to judge?
  8. Which book are you currently reading or what was the last book you read? I’m not currently reading anything, but the last book I read was probably ‘The Great Gatsby’. I had to read it for my English class last year.. I can’t remember if I’ve read anything since!  
  9. What is an essential clothing item that everyone should have in their wardrobe? For me personally, the one item everyone should have in their wardrobe is a pair of quality denim jeans. Jeans go with absolutely EVERYTHING and can be dressed up for special occasions or dressed down for a more casual look! I personally love the darker navy jeans as they just suit a lot more tops and jackets compared to the lighter blue!
  10. What is a film that you have seen loads of times but still love it? I can watch both Captain America and The Holiday over and over and over again and never get sick of them!
  11. What is your favourite quote? My favourite quote at the moment is ‘You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough’. This inspires me to live my life the way I want to and to do the things that will make me happy because in the end, if you always put others before yourself, you’re going to regret things in life. You have to choose the right times to put people first and the times to put yourself first!
BLOGS I AM NOMINATING
  1. http://daisybloomingjane.blogspot.com.au/
  2. http://gypsyflair.blogspot.com.au/
  3. http://marzi-says.blogspot.com.au/
  4. http://honey-beige.blogspot.com.au/
  5. http://tijsscrapbook.blogspot.com.au/
  6. http://thegravityandshe.blogspot.com.au/
  7. http://incharlottesshoes.blogspot.com.au/
  8. http://s-k-w-style.blogspot.co.uk/
  9. http://makeupbyelle101.blogspot.com.au/
 
MY QUESTIONS
  1. Who is your favourite blogger?
  2. How long have you been blogging?
  3. If you had $100 to spend on either clothing, makeup or food which would you choose and why?
  4. What is your most embarrassing moment?
  5. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be and why?
  6. Who is your favourite musician?
  7. What is one thing you want to do/achieve before you die?
  8. Girl name and boy name for future children?
  9. Is your blog a secret to your family and friends?
  10. What is a must have beauty product every girl (and guy) should have?
  11. Through your blog, what would you like to achieve in the future (what is your blogs aim)?

I just want to thank every one who has read my blog and especially to those who have followed me! It means the absolute world to me and I can't wait for what the future will bring for me and my little blog!

Have a lovely day!

Becky xx

7 comments:

  1. Lovely and cute blog! :)

    Maybe you could check out my blog and we can follow each other?
    Let me know ^^

    - xo Supernat
    makeadreamlast.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks love :)

    I just checked out your blog and love it so count yourself followed :) Follow back if you'd like :)

    Becky xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. you are so welcome! I love your blog and I loved reading your facts and answers :) I LOVE the film the holiday and your aunty seems like such an amazing person <3 xxx

    http://lashingsoflipstick.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sweet!
    your blog is very lovely and interesting.
    please visit my blog! <3 keep in touch!
    http://polkaadolka.blogspot.com/
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you! LOVE LOVE your blog! Followed for sure!

      Have a lovely day! :)

      Becky xx

      Delete
  5. love

    www.rueabbey.blogspot.com

    - S xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! Love your blog - followed :)

      Have a wonderful day :)

      Becky xx

      Delete