Monday, 18 February 2013

Age is just a number... right?!

Hello my loves,

When you grow up with siblings you never really take their age into consideration. For my family it never mattered how far apart we were in age, we always got along (in most cases) and we are and I'm sure always will be each others best friends. So when the time came for my sister to turn 21 a part of me went into denial.. I mean, how can she be that old already! She is one of the most immature and mature people I know.. but that also means that in just over 2 years I'll be turning 21.. WHERE HAS THE TIME GONE?!


My sister and I many years ago!

So to bring it back to reality, the past month has been dedicated to preparing the house, both inside and out for her party which consisted of about 35-40 of our closest family and friends coming around to our place. It has been a hectic and sometimes stressful month but it was all worth it as yesterday was the big day and not only did she enjoy herself, every one who came had the most incredible time!

It gave me a chance to think back on all the fun times we had together and how much I actually adored my big sister when I was younger. I wanted to be her, do what she did, go where she went and I owe her big time because if it wasn't for her, I wouldn't be the young woman I am today!

 
                                                            My sister and I on her 21st birthday - 17th Feb 2013

I think having the majority of our family over made me realise how much I am actually going to miss everyone when I go overseas! I decided to go for me but I didn't think about how it would affect everyone else in my life who actually care about me! It is going to be the hardest thing I have ever had to do, and my sister, well she's going to be one of the people I miss the most!

This year she's going back to University for the second time to begin a degree of Midwifery! She has found something she is passionate about and I think she is going to be an amazing Midwife! With her boyfriend of almost a year and a half, she is so excited about the future and in all honesty, I can not wait until she gets married and has children because they are going to be the cutest little munchkins in the world and I can't wait to spoil my little nieces and nephews!

I know this update was a personal one but I just needed to write about what a wonderful person my sister is and how proud I am of her! She deserves every happiness in her life and I can not wait to see what she achieves throughout her life!

Love you big sis! :)


Keep posted for more. My intention is to start updating about my preparation for my travels as I only have about 4 weeks to go!!! So, hopefully you will start seeing what clothing, make up and miscellaneous things that I'll be taking to the UK - Woo!

Have a lovely day!


Love Becky xx


5 comments:

  1. This is such a cute post!
    -Charlotte
    http://www.incharlottesshoes.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I adore your blog! :)

      Becky xx

      Delete
  2. This is so sweet <3
    Just wanted to let you know that I have nominated you for the Liebster Award! (you can find all the details on my blog) xxx

    http://lashingsoflipstick.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! :) OMG, that is so sweet of you, thank you so much! I don't know what to say except thank you :) :) That's such a lovely thing to do! :)

      Becky xx

      Delete
    2. Also, I would have nominated you but apparently you can't nominate who nominated you...?! If you can, let me know and I'll add you :) :) :)

      Becky xx

      Delete